This site is currently under construction.

Please visit http://justinphillips.us for On The Air Productions.

Thank You.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Midweek VO Thoughts

I can’t believe we’re into Wednesday already. Last night as I was falling asleep I had an idea for the Voiceover World – of course I use the word ‘World’ kind of loosely. I am looking to start something, at first on Facebook – a group – where voiceover artists can go and talk about whatever they want – be it their latest gig, their favorite client, what it is that makes them tick as an artist – occasionally I was considering going as far as having VO artists post their demos so that others could critique and give feedback (positive of course.) In all, a place where we could go as Voiceover Artists to unwind, and relax and just converse about what we do in our lives. (I’m sure some are already using Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn to share their accomplishments, but this would be more in depth then your everyday run of the mill “Allstate has me in Good Hands, I Just Saved 15% and Ran for the Border for the SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY Back to School BLOWOUT Sale on Pencils and Paper with a 50% coupon for Applebees” voiceover you just did.
I will be setting up this group soon on Facebook and I look forward to people joining and conversing/learning and talking. If you have any thoughts on the above, please feel free to share them.
thanks,
JP

No comments:

Post a Comment